This week we’re putting our technique under the musical microscope and breaking down a scale into fragments that we can work on in isolation. As we play through the scale we’re going to analyse our technique and pay very close attention to every movement of both hands.
This method is also great for ironing out technical problems in tough lines and for troubleshooting mistakes.
1. Work through the scale one note at a time in fragments
2. Use alternating picking throughout
3. Curl the fingers
4. Pivot the hand round to line the pinky up to the index finger
5. Relax both hands
6. Move the picking hand thumb from string to string as you move across the neck
7. Start with the first finger of the picking hand
8. Once mastered, start with the second finger of the picking hand
Remember to LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, SHARE THE POST (just click on your preferred social platform below) and then …
Sign Up To Talkingbass For FREE!
Join over 40,000 members and R.A.I.S.E your Bass Game Today!
FREE Ebook Downloads, Practice Tracks, Drum Tracks and MUCH MORE!