Terms Of Service
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services and goods by you (the Customer or you).
We are Talkingbass Limited a company registered in England and Wales under number 10779754 whose registered office is at Unit 10 East Yar Road Trading Estate, East Yar Road, Sandown, Isle Of Wight, PO36 9AX with email address [email protected] (the Supplier or us or we).
These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order.
You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods (Courses) that we supply to you with the services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any courses and pages of restricted access, of the number and description set out in the Order;
- Website means our website https://www.talkingbass.net/ (and subdomain: https://members.talkingbass.net/) on which the services are advertised.
The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of any goods supplied.
In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
Personal Information and Registration
When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie. the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract, and before performance begins of any of the Services.
No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Fees and Payment
The Fees for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date we accept the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services are calculated on a fixed price.
Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services.
We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, to you immediately upon payment via your website account
Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can ask for a refund within 31 days without giving any reason.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg. email).
Conformity and Guarantee
We have a legal duty to supply Courses and Service in conformity with the Contract and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
Upon delivery, the Courses/Service will:
- Be of satisfactory quality;
- Be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract and conform to their description.
It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
We will provide the following after-sales service: The customer will have access to a Study Group through which Talkingbass will provide ongoing support and live interactive study material. The Study Group can be found within the Members Area of Talkingbass
In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with)
Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later).
Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services and Goods to you.
Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services and Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services and Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- We will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified
- We will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data
- We will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: [email protected]
The Supplier does not exclude liability for:
- Any fraudulent act or omission
- Death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations.
Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because we believe you are not buying the Services and Goods wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 7 days.