The Ultimate Slap Course For Bass Guitar
Two Volume Course featuring Video Lessons, PDF Workbooks and .mp3 Practice Tracks
Volume 2 : The Next Step
27 Step-by-step lessons taking you from basic Hammer Ons and Ghost Notes all the way through to Advanced Double Thumbing techniques
What is the Simple Steps To Slap Bass Course?
The Simple Steps To Slap Bass Course is a complete, step-by-step method for mastering the slap bass style from the absolute basics of the ‘thumb slap’ all the way through to advanced techniques such as machine gun triplets, double thumbing and flamenco rolls.
What level of player is the course aimed at?
Volume 2 of this course is aimed at those with a solid grounding in the basics of the slap style.
What Will I Learn?
After finishing the course you will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- A solid foundation in all areas of Slap Bass technique
- A cleanup of your overall playing utilizing the Home Position principles
- Knowledge of common scales and note choices used in developing a Slap Bass groove
- A solid grounding in funk 16th note rhythms
- Many original slap riffs written specifically for this course
- The ability to use ghost notes effectively within a groove
- Advanced techniques such as Double Thumbing, Hammer Ons, Chords, Machine Gun Triplets and many more
How Long Are The Lessons?
The lesson length’s vary but the complete course is over 12 hours in length.
How is the course presented? Do I Download Anything?
The course is hosted on the Talkingbass website so there are no video files to download. There is a lesson material zip file for each module containing a Course Workbook and any relevant practice tracks.
Can I see the Lesson Index?
Yes, you can. Here is a list of every lesson:
Volume 2 – The Next Step
- Lesson #1 – The Slap Bass Tone
- Lesson #2 – Hammer Ons
- Lesson #3 – Ghost Notes
- Lesson #4 – Ghost Notes, Pops and Hand Position
- Lesson #5 – Ghost Note/Hammer On Licks
- Lesson #6 – Slides
- Lesson #7 – 5 Slap Riffs (Hammer Ons, Ghost Notes & Slides)
- Lesson #8 – Rest Stroke
- Lesson #9 – Common Scales
- Lesson #10 – Tenths
- Lesson #11 – Muted Palm Slap
- Lesson #12 – Muted Palm Slap Fills and Licks
- Lesson #13 – Five Muted Palm Slap Riffs
- Lesson #14 – Repeated Notes
- Lesson #15 – Cross Hammer
- Lesson #16 – Chord Strums
- Lesson #17 – Chord Pops
- Lesson #18 – Thumb Pops
- Lesson #19 – Flamenco Rolls
- Lesson #20 – Five Advanced Slap Riffs
- Lesson #21 – Slap Fills
- Lesson #22 – Open String Hammer Ons
- Lesson #23 – Machine Gun Triplets
- Lesson #24 – Double Thumb Technique
- Lesson #25 – Double Thumb Licks
- Lesson #26 – Five Double Thumb Riffs
- Lesson #27 – Conclusion