The Ultimate Slap Course For Bass Guitar
Two Volume Course featuring Video Lessons, PDF Workbooks and .mp3 Practice Tracks
Volume 1 : The Basics
25 Step-by-step lessons providing a solid foundation in the Slap Technique
What is the Simple Steps To Slap Bass Course?
The Simple Steps To Slap Bass Course is a complete, step-by-step method for mastering the slap bass style from the absolute basics of the ‘thumb slap’ all the way through to advanced techniques such as machine gun triplets, double thumbing and flamenco rolls.
What level of player is the course aimed at?
This first volume is aimed at players new to the slap technique or that may have some experience but finding difficulty progressing to that next level.
What Will I Learn?
After finishing the course you will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- A solid foundation in Slap Bass technique
- A cleanup of your overall playing utilizing the Home Position principles
- A solid grounding in funk 16th note rhythms
- Many original slap riffs written specifically for this course
How Long Are The Lessons?
The lesson length’s vary but the complete course is over 12 hours in length.
How is the course presented? Do I Download Anything?
The course is hosted on the Talkingbass website so there are no video files to download. There is a lesson material zip file for each module containing a Course Workbook and any relevant practice tracks.
Can I see the Lesson Index?
Yes, you can. Here is a list of every lesson:
Volume 1 – The Basics
- Lesson #1 – Course Introduction
- Lesson #2 – Thumb Basics
- Lesson #3 – Choking
- Lesson #4 – Short Notes
- Lesson #5 – Fretted Notes
- Lesson #6 – Short Fretted Notes
- Lesson #7 – Duration Exercises
- Lesson #8 – 8th Note Rhythms
- Lesson #9 – Bass Drum Rhythms
- Lesson #10 – Chord Progressions
- Lesson #11 – Using Multiple Fingers
- Lesson #12 – String Crossing
- Lesson #13 – Riffs
- Lesson #14 – Five Slap Riffs
- Lesson #15 – Popping
- Lesson #16 – Octaves
- Lesson #17 – Octaves Combined
- Lesson #18 – Open String Octaves
- Lesson #19 – Slapping Drum Patterns
- Lesson #20 – Five Slap Pop Riffs
- Lesson #21 – 16th Note Rhythms #1
- Lesson #22 – 16th Note Rhythms #2
- Lesson #23 – 16th Note Rhythms #3
- Lesson #24 – Applying 16th Note Rhythms
- Lesson #25 – Five 16th Note Slap Riffs